Haque 220.127.116.11 - Update 5 - November 22, 2018
Haque's been out for a whole year and I wanted to celebrate by finally fixing some bugs and adding some cool stuff! I managed to get the Windows version out in time but the Linux and Mac versions will have to wait until I set up Virtual Box again. Shouldn't be too long!
Before I start I want to thank everyone who's reported bugs and sent me encouraging messages. There are a lot of you and I know it's been a long time in between updates but I really needed some time and everyone who sent me bugs seemed to understand that. Thanks!
In particular I want to thank Haque player Cliff who managed to capture a bunch of error codes and bugs from the late game and send them to me. Thanks so much man!
I also want to thank Steve B. who helped solve the Linux startup bug with knowledge that I just plain didn't have. Thanks Steve!
Okay, on to the updates:
- The exploit where you could equip your familiar has been fixed but you can enable "Pet Equips" in the Game Options menu if you still want to give your cat plate armor and a crossbow!
- Also in the Game Options menu is the "Skilled Foes" difficulty option! When enabled all the monsters gain access to the same random skill every floor. This makes the game much weirder and much harder, especially with high Spiciness. Even slimes can be a huge threat if they all know Arcane Blast!
- There is now a brief casting time for the "Quake" ability used by the Skeletitan and others. If you're fast and accurate you can interrupt Quakes before they happen!
- Switching between your allies in the backpack when you have none (like in the tutorial) no longer crashes the game.
- Going from your inventory or stats section to the quirks section with a keyboard or gamepad no longer crashes the game.
- Casting Holy Flash when other light shafts are present (like from raising a zombie) no longer crashes the game.
- Shopkeepers are no longer friendly if you enrage one and then make it through a portal. They'll still follow you, but they won't be happy.
- [REDACTED] now always turns into his beefy self when fighting [SPOILER].
- An anvil has been added before the fight with the Drake.
- The mouse no longer interferes with keyboard-only and gamepad controls.
- Lock now has a tooltip that describes what it does on the character select screen. I don't think anyone really knew what locking did except me! Sorry.
- There is a 2% chance a Skeleton Hero's sprite will have a top hat.
- If a Skeleton Hero is generated with a lute, they'll have a unique sprite!
- The Visitor has been kicked out of The Pyramid and is now an enemy sometimes on Floor 11.
- The Sphinx has set up shop in The Pyramid!
- Cheats are here! Well, they've always been here but I'm going to tell you how to do them now. I suggest you at least try to play the game without cheats first but you do you. To activate cheat mode hold Alt + B and then press F9. This will open a cheat window. Once you open the cheat window for the first time you can just hit F9 to open it again. Type a cheat in (don't forget the .) and hit enter to activate the cheat.
- .dog - When entered on the character select screen, adds hotdog water to the character select screen!
- .hbd - When entered on the character select screen, adds The Birthday Boy to the character select screen!
- .bartholomew - When entered on the character select screen, adds Parcels to the character select screen!
- .continue - When entered on the character select screen, adds Paul, Nick, and Josh from Continue? to the character select screen!
- .copacetic - When entered on the character select screen, adds Satchbag to the character select screen!
- .pm - When entered on the character select screen, adds Imogen from Project Maiden to the character select screen!
- .jingubang - Adds the Jingubang to your character's inventory.
- .Brokenblade- Adds the Broken Blade to your character's inventory.
- .tshirt- Adds a random tshirt to your character's inventory.
- .bossloot- Adds a random piece of boss loot to your character's inventory.
- .frog - Adds the Frog Charm to your character's inventory.
- .heal - Restores your character's and all friendly characters' HP and MP to the max.
- .bighp - Gives you an absurd amount of maximum HP.
- .fear - Makes all enemies run away when they see your character.
- .boom - Destroys all enemies at once (careful, it's loud).
- .bust - Destroys all the walls on a map.
- .breb - Spawns a prisoner friend!
- .dosh - Spawns a bunch of treasure chests!
- .merch - Spawns a friendly merchant!
- .forge - Opens the forge screen even if you aren't near one!
- .freeze - Stops everyone but your character from moving for a very long time.
- .righty - Makes your character right handed.
- .lefty - Makes your character left handed.
- .steve - Activates Steve Mode. Names everyone on the map Steve.
Thanks again for a great year and Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate it!
Kevin Cole, Developer
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.