A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Haque (/hak/) is a glitch fantasy roguelike adventure about cute monsters, low-bit hauntings, and a suspiciously talkative narrator. Choose your character and battle through forests, deserts and dungeons to defeat a mysterious evil. Die often. Try again!
Explore a vibrant fantasy world falling apart at the seams.
An old man has asked you to complete a quest: purge the land of evil monsters! What land is this? It doesn't matter. Don't ask too many questions.
Journey into the pixelated wilderness with your beloved pet at your side. Encounter dangerous foes, make some new allies, and challenge the reigning bosses. Ignore the mounting sense of dread. That's normal.
“... a legitimately good little roguelike, with a solidly designed UI, animation used sparingly but to great effect and with enemies, items and classes that are almost all weird but cute.”
Rock Paper Shotgun
“It's not even a question. I can be a necromancer, some dude with a stick, or a werewolf wizard. A werewolf wizard with brass knuckles who throws boulders and shoots icicles, no less.”
“Haque’s bite-size gameplay and taut combat loop are superbly crafted. For anyone looking for a new and inventive take on dungeon crawling, Haque is a solid choice: highly recommended.”
Save or Quit
- Character selection featuring an endless array of randomized characters
- Detailed character statistics and a classic armor slot system
- Procedurally generated maps and settings
- Challenging turn-based combat with an emphasis on movement and strategy
- Dozens of unique enemies-- don't get surrounded!
- Rotating roster of bosses, each with different fighting styles and priorities
- Hundreds of items to equip, eat, or... reanimate
- Weapon and armor crafting
- New character quirks at the end of every level
- In memoriam screens to immortalize your permanently dead characters
- A slider for screen grime!
Use every tool at your disposal to deliver Haque from evil. Find the truth. Save the game.
Haque is available on PC, Mac, and Linux.
Haque was successfully funded on Kickstarter in October of 2015 and developed by a small team at SuperTry Studios:
Music by Joe Kenneally
Additional graphics by Brian Townsend
Promotional illustrations by Bryan Shepherd
Writing by Hadley St. Clair
A game by Kevin Cole
|Published||Feb 23, 2016|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Nov 23, 2017|
|Tags||8-Bit, Fantasy, glitch, Pixel Art, Roguelike|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, Configurable controls|
|Links||Steam, Twitter, Soundtrack, Discord|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: